Pixel Shift (orbiting) issue!

duskoskoko

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, can we do something with this annoying pixel shift that moves whole screen around for certain numbers of pixels. I do understand the point of this feature (partly) but why would I need it when I watch anything without fixed element on the screen? Even though I am trying to focus on what I have been watching my eyes constantly are attracted by thicker bezel on one side and this is so frustrating!!! Simetry is something that human eye likes and with this pixel shift the whole experience of watching is ruined. I think other companies do it as well but not so aggressive as Philips. I think Philips should give us an option to turn it on/off and I guess this can be done with software update. Can we somehow address this issue to Philips to include it on future software updates, some kind of petition or something, I don't know, any ideas? My model is 65OLED705/12 but I guess other OLED models use pixel shift as well.

Honestly, I have never noticed this behavior as an actual issue. I've been using a 55POS9002 since 2017 now + a 48OLED935 since ~6mths and have never thought of it as an issue, but more of a protective mechanism to shield users from inducing damage to the TV.

Yes, it's useless if you know how to use the set and what conditions to avoid, but can that be said about all consumers / OLED users out there? I kinda doubt that. And THAT'S the audience that this mechanism is trying to protect.

I agree and that's why my whole point is to give us option to turn it on/off. That way I can use it when needed and set it off in case I don't. After all, why Sony think that way!

Honestly, I have never noticed this behavior as an actual issue. I've been using a 55POS9002 since 2017 now + a 48OLED935 since ~6mths and have never thought of it as an issue, but more of a protective mechanism to shield users from inducing damage to the TV.

Yes, it's useless if you know how to use the set and what conditions to avoid, but can that be said about all consumers / OLED users out there? I kinda doubt that. And THAT'S the audience that this mechanism is trying to protect.
+++

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom