Pixel Shift Issue!

duskoskoko

Novice Member
Hey guys, can we do something with pixel shift (orbiting) on Philips OLED screens. This feature is not needed when watching anything without fixed element on the screen and it ruins whole experience of watching TV because even though I'm trying not focused on the edge of the screen my eyes are constantly attracted by thicker bezel on one side. I think Philips should give us an option to turn it on/off and probably that can be done with future software update. Can we somehow address this issue to Philips, some kind of petition or anything else, any ideas!

jezus81

Novice Member
Hm, I have my new OLED TV for about a week now and I have not once noticed the pixel shifting when watching stuff…

duskoskoko

Novice Member
Not sure in what degree is visible on other OLED's, but on 65OLED705 is very agressive. It is there to prevent image retention, for example if you watching something with fixed elements on the screen (news, logos, gaming) and it is fine to have that feature but the question is why there is no option to turn it off when you don't need it!

simon194

Hm, I have my new OLED TV for about a week now and I have not once noticed the pixel shifting when watching stuff…
I've had mine for over a month now and I the only time I noticed it was when I was calibrating it. The shift is only 3 pixels and at my normal viewing distance I can't say I've really noticed it when watching TV.

Manner2010

Not sure in what degree is visible on other OLED's, but on 65OLED705 is very agressive. It is there to prevent image retention, for example if you watching something with fixed elements on the screen (news, logos, gaming) and it is fine to have that feature but the question is why there is no option to turn it off when you don't need it!
so that the oled panel is protected. The shift is almost invisible. do not interfere with technology to work)

duskoskoko

Novice Member
Not sure which TV you have guys, but on 65OLED705/12 is very aggressive, it is more than 3 pixels for sure. I will try to take some photos for you to see it. Anyway my point is why we do not have option to turn it off when not needed?

duskoskoko

Novice Member
so that the oled panel is protected. The shift is almost invisible. do not interfere with technology to work)
OK, so then why Sony give an option to turn it off, and it is very visible on 65OLED705/12, will upload some photos later on for you to see. Can not believe that this is not a big deal for you, It is so frustrated for me, perhaps everybody have their own subjective impression?

Greyman43

I understand the theory but I don’t see how the picture shifting a few millimetres side to side will help burn in much. At best it will maybe blur the edges around a burnt in logo but most logos/game huds are much bigger than than the amount the pixels shift. Logo dimming (which the Philips OLEDs also have I know) seems much more effective.

It doesn’t bother me so whatever, but I question the point of it…

duskoskoko

Novice Member
I understand the theory but I don’t see how the picture shifting a few millimetres side to side will help burn in much. At best it will maybe blur the edges around a burnt in logo but most logos/game huds are much bigger than than the amount the pixels shift. Logo dimming (which the Philips OLEDs also have I know) seems much more effective.

It doesn’t bother me so whatever, but I question the point of it…
Agree and that is why they should give us an option to turn it off!

Manner2010

Not sure which TV you have guys, but on 65OLED705/12 is very aggressive, it is more than 3 pixels for sure. I will try to take some photos for you to see it. Anyway my point is why we do not have option to turn it off when not needed?
I had 706. Was before 804. And this function worked everywhere. 804 2 years worked in monitor mode connected to a PC. work from morning to evening, watching movies or xbox in the evening

after 2 years i sold 804 as new.

The fact that you can turn it off on Sony is very happy. Phillips probably made it the panels last longer and users did not blame the manufacturer that their TV burned out. I would do that too.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom