• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Pixel Precise HD vs P5 for motion smoothness

martin31fr

Standard Member
Hi,

Is there any difference between the two currently available processors, Pixel Precise HD and P5, in terms of motion smoothness (not talking about image quality)?

Does P5 do a better job removing judder whilst producing as few artifacts as possible? I currently own a Philips TV set with Perfect Natural Motion (42pfl6067, 2012) and, when set to maximum smoothness, the result is quite good already.

I am hesitating between a 7x03 model (P5 engine) or a 5xx3/6xx3 (with Pixel Precise). I do not want to sacrifice motion smoothness, which is a key feature for me. All other features, without exception, are secondary. P5 is not cheap so I would like some advice.

Thank you and happy new year!

desinho

Your model is a 100(120) Hz native tv whereas the options above aren't. This would be a bigger difference than the one between a P5 and Pixe Precise ...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom