pixel plus

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by the plumber, Aug 15, 2002.

1. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently viewed the pixel plus phillips tvs in a few shops hooked up to a dvd player via scart (rgb) and to be honest the pictures looked so processed it was quite awful the pics actually looked better with pixel plus off . Also pics from sky digital looked pretty awful too what you have to remember is pixel plus also enhances the flaws in the pic too and sky have too many of them to start with .

2. RUWANDIGITAL

RUWANDIGITAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have seen this tv also in shops.
    When i first saw this thing working and i first saw P+,it was very procesed as you describe it.
    But why are some people recomend this telly?So for this question i go to a store which hooked up a dvd player and looked again but then on DVD.
    And it is true.P+ does improve BUT,and here it comes,P+ does a good job when feeding a good input signal but when P+ activated,it also activates Digital Natrual Motion.
    That is the problem for me because DNM wil eleimintate the cineramic picture of a movie.It is nice for broadcasting but not for dvd.And it is also Interlaced at 75Hz.
    Well P+ does a good job but not for me.

Regards. Ruwan

3. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yep same here - took along a disc and they set a tv/dvd up for me. Thought pixel plus ruined it - very grainy?

4. RUWANDIGITAL

RUWANDIGITAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mwoa grainy?
    Well i havn't noticed it but it was sharper when fed with a good signal.But even then when the camera pans form left to right and vise versa,you wil notice some HALO effects and blockings.
    So for me no P+.
    I have more intrest in a Tosh 36ZP26.It have also Pixel Processing too and PS!
    Something what Philips don't have.

Regards Ruwan

5. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't agree with the views here, the pixel plus set I've seen knocks spots off the Toshibas and anything else for that matter and looks the business too, rather than all that cheap plastic, yuk!

6. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    There have been a few posts recently about how poor pixel plus is with DVDs. I can only think that the sets are badly set up because my 9607 is a cracking performer with DVDs from a Sony 9000ES. Sure you can get the halo effect - show me a 100Hz set that does not show some artifacts - but it really is minimal and only on fast moving very busy scenes, and you can watch in 50 Hz double lines if you prefer.

But each to his own. Personally, having watched DVDs most nights this week - both commercial and home made - I love the 9607. Best CRT picture ever (only Loewe gets close).

7. RUWANDIGITAL

RUWANDIGITAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I agree but that is the matter of taste.
    Well since DNM goes with P+,i don't like it for dvd.
    And let dvd be the ultimate good signal for testing such thing.
    I also saw artefacts.Such like the well known "HALO" effect of blocking artefacts.

But this is a personal thing.And it is a good thing that we share info. from each other who has experience with it.

Regards Ruwan

8. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree it is down to personal taste but comparing the pics on the tosh through a progressive scan dvd and pixel plus on the phillips the tosh is far far superior the picture is out of this world and yes i know you can use pixel plus on other scources but that would be primarily sky and pixel plus brings out far too many of the flaws on skys poor service.