1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel Plus on Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by muzz10, Apr 25, 2003.

1. muzz10

muzz10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking into spending some serious gadget cash on a plasma.
    After alot of research from this site and magazines I was pretty much decided on the Pioneer 433HDE. Great, although it seems now that the top slot seems to be shifting towards Hitachi especially from the reviews in the HC mags currently. And to make the choice even harder at present, news that Phillips are bringing out 3 plasma displays with there "pixel plus technology". I've seen this on there CRT and it is excellent so it could be big news for the plasma top models.
    Has anyone seen the new phillips PP Plasma's or know when they are released.
    TIA
    :smoke:

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I used to own a Philips CRT with pixel plus and it used to look great on camera pans accross landscapes, however it did put a kind of haze effect around everything else. Although it was only just noticeable I think it may be worse on a plasma screen, mainly due to the increased size.

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Bish

Bish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Philips has confirmed that the first plasma screens to carry its much-lauded Pixel Plus resolution-boosting technology will hit stores next month (May 2003). The first two Pixel Plus models are the 42in 42PF9965 and 32in 32PF9965, priced at £5000 and £3,500 respectively.

In terms of other features and connectivity, the two new kids on the block will be almost identical to their 42PF9964 and 32PF9964 predecessors

5. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it from a p+ crt owner,you definitely do not want a three to five thousand pound screen with it on.I thought it looked great in the shop,so along with certain magazine reviews to sway me I bought one.However,within two days of delivery p+ was disabled and is now never used(I kept the set because it's still a reasonable 100hz model and "lives" up two flights of stairs in a loft conversion!).I dread to think what all those digital artifacts will look like on a 42" screen,probably like a very expensive kaleidoscope!:thumbsdow

6. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got a 9617 (with P+) but will give the plasma the benefit of the doubt and will certainly look before buying. Maybe, just maybe, Philips will have cracked it for their plasma. Not knowing what causes the problems it could also be that the plasma technology can cope.

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808