1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel Plus dilema

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stevedowns64, Mar 8, 2003.

1. stevedowns64

stevedowns64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into Powerhouse a couple of weeks ago and saw the Philips pixel+ in action on first impressions it blew me away, Ive never seen an image like it,3D or what.
    So i decided to read a few reviews on the set and it was given nothing but praise "Best tv ever"one mag said ,I rang a few places so I could find out the best price, but instead of quotes I was told to go for a Toshiba set with progressive scan or a Panasonic.
    Heres are my questions.
    Is Pro scan better that pixel+
    What sort of dvd player do I need to get Pro scan
    What other Tvs offer 3D quallity pictures like Philips Pixel+
    Cheers:confused:

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Ive seen the toshiba z26 on a cheap dvd player and it was awesome without the pro scan and the sound was good for not being 5.1. But I think the pixel plus gives more details as it has more capabilites. but you cant feed the component cables of a dvd player to it. One thing I noticed in the shop about P+ is that on dark scenes you can see a faint dark line horizontal on the left and right of screen and it is noticable if your looking for it. that put me off and Im now looking for the jvc when it comes out for sale here to have a look.

To be able to see pro scan you need a player that has the chip for accomplishing this and the most common is the faroudja chip and I think one of the best. If recently bought the philips q50 from hivizone.com and it works great without the pro scan as I dont have the capable tv yet. the latest version is the 963sa and it suppose to have superior faroudja chip setl. and can play both ntsc and pal pro scan for you. the toshiba 520 dvd player has output ntsc pro scan only but I think all toshiba models have only ntsc pro scan. The only ones with the ntsc and pal pro scan are the panasonic model like the ph40.

Im getting a great picture now without pro scan It must be fantastic with it. I heard more film like as the picture is stable and sharper and the colours are more vivid.

hope this helps

3. stevedowns64

stevedowns64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all that mate,when is the new JVC set out

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,292
    It's already out in the UK. It's called the HV-32.