Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pixel Plus 2 or Component Input

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by raven219, Jan 12, 2005.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
    Ratings:
    +19
    I would like your views. For a new TV what would be the best picture quality for DVDs? The Philips using Pixel Plus 2 or a more expensive model (like the Panasonic or Toshiba) with component input. I have an Arcam DV88+ player.

Cheers

Raven

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    For dvd playback component is excellent.The philips does not have component input.The panasonic pd range is outstanding with dvd.The toshiba[which i have] is a more natural picture with sky.

3. a2themutherk

a2themutherk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i've only demoed the pp2 set but the picture on my test dvds that i took into the shop was at times incredible.I say "at times" because pp2 suffers from break up on panning scenes and fast movement.(This might be reduced by using a top dvd player like the arcam you have,i don't know).But on "still" pictures the detail and the depth of the image was amazing.I've never seen anything as good.PP2 is not without its faults but i think the positves outweigh the negitives.You can also turn it off and use the movie plus mode for dvds which is not as good but is still very clear.Also pp2 can be used on any source like sky or freeview as well as dvd.Go and check out pp2 and see what you think.