1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel Plus 1 vs Pixel plus 2

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spur4awin, Feb 23, 2005.

1. spur4awin

spur4awin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to buy a Philips LCD 32Pf9976 or 32Pf9986 is it worth the extra 350EUR (in Germany) it's about £230GBP.
    The only advantage is ambilight and PP2 ,Are PP2 that much better ?
    I've got cable TV were i live of good quality.
    I'm watching a lot of sports especially football ,are these sets the best for sports ?

2. spur4awin

spur4awin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it wise to go for a 37" instead of a 32" ,Will the PQ be better or worse

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PP2 set has very good picture quality. I don't know if all of it is due to PP2. Colors on the 9986 are much more natural than on any other LCD tv.
    I have analog cable, digital cable, and satellite. The performance of this tv on analog cable is very good, you will be surprised what is possible with analog PAL.
    Satellite is better, especially on widescreen (transmitted anamorphic). There are more lines in the transmitted picture than with letterboxed PAL and this shows.

The picture size depends on the viewing distance.

4. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best screen size depends on how much space you have. Minimum recommended viewing distance for a 37" is about 2.5 metres.

5. Hjort

Hjort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would (and will) go for the 9986 model.

I compared the 2 (and a couple of other models) besides each other. I just fell for the 9986 model, and gonna buy a 37PF9986 next monday...I just cant wait - Im like a little child at christmas.

6. spur4awin

spur4awin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sit about 3,5 m from my set
    What about the PQ ,is it the same on a bigger set ?
    Because on a plasma screen is the PQ better on a smaller screen.

7. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The larger screens (37,42) have a different type of display than the early 32 models, but it looks like this difference has disappeared since about the 2.1 version.

Hopefully you can visit a shop where the 9986 is on display between some other types (cheaper LCD, LCD in same price category, plasma) and they show the same programme.
    You will immediately notice the difference.

37" at 3.5M is OK. At 2.5-3 M I would not recommend it. Especially when you regularly watch digital (DVB) TV transmitted at too-low bitrate.