Pixel Mapping - How To ?

Ninj

Established Member
Reaction score
Basic question. How do I ensure I am pixel mapping my PC to my Sammy LE40R74? Is it just a case of setting the desktop to the same res as the Sammy (1366 X 768 ??).

Im using VGA to VGA.

Rgds

Richie

You have to select 1360 x 768 at the Windows display control panel.

Hi Rich,

Yes, assuming the Panny supports 1:1 pixel mapping. You will have to select 1360x768 which means loosing 3 pixels on either side but this won't show. This has something to do with the graphics card only being able to deal with a horizontal resolution that is divisable by 8.

A good way to check if you have acheived 1:1 mapping is to use the Nokia Monitor Test program, which is basically a test card generator, and shows instantly if the display is doing any scaling. You can download it here.....

http://freepctech.com/rode/004.shtml

Hope this all helps and good luck.

Russell

Thanks very much guys,

Rgds

Richie

Doesnt look like my laptop has 1360x768. It normaly runs in 1280x800 and happilly runs at 1024x768 but no sign of 1360.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

Mine runs at 1280x800 when on laptop display but when connected to the tv can output at 1360x768. Make sure the pc is connected to the tv and it isnt in dual display mode and only outputting to the tv. That should be all that is needed to get it to output at the tvs resolution unless its serverly old :) . Failing that update to the latest drivers and try again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom