1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitch shifter

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Shoka, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    My brother has a CD in his car that I was pleasently suprised with. No Idea what the title was but it is by a band called pitch shifter.

Its REALLY good, its a mixture of drum and bass and metal, but it works really well. The lyrics are pretty much like a chorus of a linken park tune, but the bass is loud to say the least.

I enjoyed the 3 tracks I listened to on the way home. He's leaving it it here tonight so I can have a good listen, so i'll give a full review tomorrow.

Anyone else heard of them, ansy opinions?

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +961
    Pitchshifter lost it after their first couple of albums (Industrial and Submit). They were ace for a while and put on some seriously intense and kicking live shows.... but not for long. There were some personnel changes that had (I thought) adverse effects on their whole sound. They always used a drum machine from the start and it sounded ace, if more than a little like the late industrial icons Godflesh, but then they went too far and lost the intensity they had at the beginning. That's what I thought anyway.
    I expect the albums they did after the first 2 would be right up your alley as they all started to sound the same to me - just a mishmash of electro-industrial-metal-drum+bass;)
    Seriously though, when I saw them at The Big Day Out as one of Metallica's supports I thought they were crap compared to how they were about 10 to 12 years ago. I think they've split up now, although I stopped paying attention quite some time ago....

Strangely though, they got quite popular when I stopped listening:rolleyes:

3. Cyber Spawn

Cyber Spawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pitchshifter are good, I read in Kerrang they got a final DVD coming out with gigs, videos and loads of extras, it's just a shame they split up.

I've got all their albums, but I never saw them live.

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    I think they are from Nottingham

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +961
    I don't know if they still do it, but their website used to have a bank of samples you could download and structure into your own tracks or remixes of existing Pitchshifter tracks. Nice idea, and even though I didn't like the way their music went I've always had respect for the way they've stayed down at "street level" and never disappeared up their own ar5es the way a lot of bands do once they get themselves a slice of the fame & fortune pie. Probably because their fame and fortune never quite amounted to the likes of Metallica, though.

6. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Pitchshifter were/are one of my favorite bands. I think I've been to more live performances by them than any other band (possible exception being my mates' band)
    I went to their supposed 'last gig ever' at the London Astoria earlier this year, 28th March I think.
    Some friends of mine have been fans since before their first album but I only got into them around Infotainment and www.pitchshifter.com times.

Am now waiting for them to reform so I can go see them again.

F*** All Boy Bands!!!!
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them!!!!
    :devil: