Pitch Black 4K UHD

I think all members of this sub forum should do their duty & buy this to ensure arrow do their duty and release more 4K content. No pressure guys.

I think all members of this sub forum should do their duty & buy this to ensure arrow do their duty and release more 4K content. No pressure guys.

I’ve had it on pre-order from the Arrow website since it was available.

My copy was dispatched by Arrow last night, so I should get it ahead of next Monday's release date. :)

I would have pre-ordered if it had an Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack and wouldn't want to encourage sloppy releases by buying for the sake of buying.

I would have pre-ordered if it had an Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack and wouldn't want to encourage sloppy releases by buying for the sake of buying.

I wouldn’t call it a sloppy release with a brand new 4K restoration and lots of newly filmed bonus content. Arrow in general don’t do sloppy releases.

The AV Forums review is up, sounds like a good disc. My copy arrived today too.

I wouldn’t call it a sloppy release with a brand new 4K restoration and lots of newly filmed bonus content. Arrow in general don’t do sloppy releases.
They should try working on the sound of the movie as well as the picture.
Is this so we are expected to buy it again, down the road, when it finally gets an Atmos/DTS:X track?

I already own it multiple times on different formats so I'm going to wait until Universal releases it with, hopefully, a sound upgrade.

As for bonus content, I don't watch any of it.
I just want the movie to be the best it can be and that includes picture and sound.

They should try working on the sound of the movie as well as the picture.
Is this so we are expected to buy it again, down the road, when it finally gets an Atmos/DTS:X track?

I already own it multiple times on different formats so I'm going to wait until Universal releases it with, hopefully, a sound upgrade.

As for bonus content, I don't watch any of it.
I just want the movie to be the best it can be and that includes picture and sound.

Fair enough, your choice. Still don’t agree it’s a sloppy release though.

Fair enough, your choice. Still don’t agree it’s a sloppy release though.

I agree - I think that getting new interviews and a very decent new 4K scan, plus a booklet, seems like a very good release. DTS-X / Atmos release would be very nice, but upmixing with Dolby Surround DTS Neural X is always very decent IMO anyway

Last edited:
I agree - I think that getting new interviews and a very decent new 4K scan, plus a booklet, seems like a very good release. DTA-X / Atmos release would be very nice, but upmixing with Dolby Surround DTS Neural X is always very decent IMO anyway
It's a good release.
But I don't think it's worth my £25.
I'll wait for the Universal release.

I agree - I think that getting new interviews and a very decent new 4K scan, plus a booklet, seems like a very good release. DTS-X / Atmos release would be very nice, but upmixing with Dolby Surround DTS Neural X is always very decent IMO anyway

Agree,getting some very good results from Neural X,and Christopher Nolan,didn't stuck with DTS Master on all his 4K UHD releases so far.

:)

It's a good release.
But I don't think it's worth my £25.
I'll wait for the Universal release.
Especially as it's only £21.99....;)

Ordered mine yesterday from HMV, arrived today. As did Spartacus from Amazon.
Going to be a difficult decision to make later this evening :(

Especially as it's only £21.99....;)

Ordered mine yesterday from HMV, arrived today. As did Spartacus from Amazon.
Going to be a difficult decision to make later this evening :(
£21.99.
I'm getting my order in now.
My US DVD cost more than that when it came out and at least it had 6.1 sound.
I'd rather watch that or my HD DVD of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom