Pitch Black 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow Video - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 17/08/2020

Debut 4K release from Arrow Video!
PB_4K.jpg

ULTRA HD 4K BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Brand new 4K restoration by Arrow Films of the Theatrical and Director s Cuts of the film, approved by director David Twohy
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround on both cuts
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Archive commentary with director David Twohy and stars Vin Diesel and Cole Hauser
  • Archive commentary with director David Twohy, producer Tom Engelman and visual effects supervisor Peter Chiang
  • A newly filmed interview with director/co-writer David Twohy
  • A newly filmed interview with actor Rhiana Griffith
  • A newly filmed interview with actor Claudia Black
  • A newly filmed interview with cinematographer David Eggby
  • A newly filmed interview with visual effects supervisor Peter Chiang
  • A newly filmed interview with composer Graeme Revell
  • The Making of Pitch Black, a short behind-the-scenes featurette
  • Pitch Black Raw, a comparison between early CG tests and the final footage
  • Additional behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the film
  • 2004 archive bonus features, including an introduction by Twohy, A View Into The Dark, and Chronicles of Riddick Visual Encyclopedia
  • Johns Chase Log, a short prequel narrated by Cole Hauser detailing the character s hunt for Riddick
  • The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (in 16:9 widescreen with DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio), an animated short film directed by Peter Chung that acts as a bridgepoint between Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, featuring vocal performances by Vin Diesel, Keith David and Rhiana Griffith reprising their roles
  • Dark Fury bonus features including Bridging The Gap, Peter Chung: The Mind of an Animator, A View Into The Light, and a pre-animation version of the film
  • Slam City, a motion comic from the film s official website
  • Into Pitch Black, a TV special offering an alternative non-canon glimpse into what happened before and after the events of the film
  • Raveworld: Pitch Black Event, footage of a dance music event held to promote the film
  • Theatrical trailers, plus trailers for the two sequels and video game
  • Image galleries
  • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Luke Preece
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collectors booklet featuring new writing by Simon Ward on the film s creature designs and much more

Attachments

Last edited:

Swizz

YES Finally! I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now. :thumbsup:

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Just like John Carpenters, Ghosts of Mars, this is one of my all time guilty pleasures.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I'm not too bothered about this one but I really want it to sell well obviously as the more Arrow titles on 4K the better!

Lets hope Arrow aren't too greedy unlike a certain other big name horror film just announced on 4K... Sensible pricing for this one could make a big difference.

ml337

And I almost bought the Pitch Black Blu Steelbook on Zoom Day sale this morn...

Agreed on dawn of the dead :mad:

Graham

This is amazing, I thought it was a typo saying 4K! Brilliant. The Blu-ray of this looks pretty rough now so well up for it. Fab set of extras too.

Having said that, I think I may actually weep if I have to buy Robocop or The Thing on yet...another...format.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
This will be a day long remembered...

Arrow finally joining the party!

anlygi

As others, no love for Pitch Black but great to see Arrow finally release something in 4K. Hopefully we'll start to see more of their 4K scans released on the format, though I have a fair few in Steelbook I will not double dip, or so I say..

Distinguished Member
Don't think I've ever seen this but I'm tempted at a blind buy if only to give Arrow the confidence to produce more UHDs.

Jenz

Bought :rotfl:

Gordon2147

Standard Member
I am in for this one, as I thought it was a cracking film plot wise, and interested to see if the 4k version can add to the visuals. Really liked the premise behind the aliens and the way the planet circles in its solar system.

The one I think Arrow has is Samsara and I really want that in 4k.

Still for now I am looking forward to this

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Not seen this one for a decade or more but remember it being a good flim. Certainly the best Riddick film anyways.

Think ive seen it kicking around on Netflix/Prime of late but will hold off watching and pick up the 4K somewhere down the line.

Given the team behind it, its almost 100% certified that its going to look pretty good!

Horrible artwork mind. Not that it matters (too much lol).

FevreDream

Great news about Pitch Black, visually it's a very stylised film and it should look amazing in 4K HDR. Also great news Arrow is starting to do some UHD discs, they've done some superb Blu Ray editions of cult and classic movies in the past.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Very excited for this.

Riddick has always been a guilty pleasure.

Do wish that slip was glow in the dark, that would have been mint.