Pirates of the Carribean - something I noticed

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
I was watching The Curse of the Black Pearl on Friday night for about the 10th time and always though that this movie was about Jonny Depp and that he was the main atraction and everyone was going on about how brilliant he was in this movie.

However..........I noticed on friday how much Geoffry Rush stood out. I suddenly noticed that he actually played his part flippen brilliantly and was quite under rated in these movies, so I started to watch his scenes a little more closely and was absolutely blown away by his performance I for one thought he was the most convincing pirate out of all of them.

Just my 2 cents though

He's a great actor who never really gets the acclaim he deserves. Check out The Life And Death Of Peter Sellers, The Tailor Of Panama, House On Haunted Hill, Mystery Men and Lantana

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
He's a great actor who never really gets the acclaim he deserves. Check out The Life And Death Of Peter Sellers, The Tailor Of Panama, House On Haunted Hill, Mystery Men and Lantana
I'll definately try see those ones, I just thought he was superb and very underated.

Axel40

Banned
Not underrated for me.
I agree with you but I was charmed from the start.

He was awesome, the voice, acting he just did it so well.
The make up and costume helps though, kinda finish's the illusion...along with the monkey.

Now Tia Dalma, (Naomie Harris) I actually fancied her after about 20 minutes :devil: even looking like she did in the movies. She to is great, I think it was her voice/accent, I loved it, is that weird? :D

Arrrr :thumbsup:

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
I think they were all brilliant and personally I think they all deserved alot more praise for there parts in those movies. To bad its only a 5.1 sound track though :(

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom