Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy £17.99 @ HMV.com

Can we assume that the first installment has had the framing problem resolved.
To be honest the packaging looks indentical to the earlier release.

Can we assume that the first installment has had the framing problem resolved.
To be honest the packaging looks indentical to the earlier 2008 release.

I'll take one of them. Picked up Terminator 4 Salvation: Directors Cut: HMV Exclusive at £5.99 also to take advantage of the £2 off £20 spend. Throw 5% cashback and enough purehmv points to bag me a £5 voucher into the bargain and Im a happy shopper.

Last edited:
same here! been after a cheap deal on this for awhile. cheers for the heads up...:smashin:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have also been waiting for a price drop on this trilogy...but. Does anyone know the difference between this new 2011 release and the older (2008) BD release? HMV are the cheapest by far on this new set by the way.

I have also been waiting for a price drop on this trilogy...but. Does anyone know the difference between this new 2011 release and the older (2008) BD release? HMV are the cheapest by far on this new set by the way.

My guess due to the difference in price (HMV wants £53 for the 2008 version) it might be just the movies and not the disc 2 extras of each film.

My guess due to the difference in price (HMV wants £53 for the 2008 version) it might be just the movies and not the disc 2 extras of each film.

I was guessing that might be the case, if it is the case then I have the extra's (for what they're worth) on the 2 disc dvd's from some time ago.

I've been pondering getting this for a while now, but I have another problem with it than just the framing issues. The US edition of the three movies comes with a 24bit PCM track, showing up the UK 16 bit versions as somewhat of a compromise.

Naturally, the price noted here makes them an attractive prospect, but I would still feel as though I bought something inferior, not to mention missing out on the copious extras on the recent US reissue.

I've been thinking about getting this, too - but the framing issue is more pressing for me...

I've been thinking about getting this, too - but the framing issue is more pressing for me...

Not sure why this is an issue when Disney run a replacement program anyway?

I also thought UK disney had always denied there was an issue.

They did for quite a number of years and then out of blue they corrected it without telling anyone.

The US Disney stopped sending discs to the UK.

Just read that this is a really stripped-down copy with very little in the way of extras. Most of those reading already have them on SD (I bought the "Lost Disc" edition of the first one) so it won't be much of a loss, but what you will miss out on are the new extras which comes with the new US Blus.

Nice find :smashin:
Been after these for a while now but been waiting for a price drop.

I'm also been a bit confused about the re-release, surely they didn't double dip, just too remove special features?
Anyone know if they packaging is any different? Never been fond of it.

Just bought it anyway as i couldn't resist that price! :rolleyes:

Not too worried about the special features as long as the movies are fine...

This is around a tenner more expensive or more everywhere else so went for this as I think it's a bargain...so thanks to the original poster of this thread for lmk :smashin:

are they not making two ore films aswell ?

They did for quite a number of years and then out of blue they corrected it without telling anyone.

The US Disney stopped sending discs to the UK.

What's this about a framing issue?! :eek: I've read the other thread about it but can't really tell if my disc has the problem or not. Can anyone else verify please? I've including some screen shots from my copy:

(PS: Which is the US version with all the bells and whistles that everyone recommends? Is is region free?)

Attachments

• potc1.jpg
    potc1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 97
  • potc2.jpg
    potc2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
  • potc3.jpg
    potc3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 106
  • potc4.jpg
    potc4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 93
  • potc5.jpg
    potc5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 94
Hard to tell from those but with a bad disc, much of that scene is just the characters boots moving around. The image is too far low and the top is cut off. Can you see the Davenport character when Sparrow gets caught when he on the ground? In the bad disc, only his boots are seen again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom