Pirates of the Caribbean 6 - Reboot (TBC) Craig Mazin as writer

Can they remove all previous films from history, especially Johnny Depp?

As glad as a few folk are here - I think what the series needed was a decent director and story. After the original 3, the last one came closest. Will be sorry to see the whole cast go..their were some brilliant characters.

Going forward, Disney need to be looking at long term plans for their live action films.

These Live action remakes of animated classics will only take them so far and they don’t want to be churning out more films like Tomorrowland, National Treasure and The Sorcerers Apprentice.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones will do it from their camp as will Marvel. These films need to be doing massive $$$

Then there’s Avatar which Disney will want to be banking big on, despite the lack on interest.

In house, Disney will want their own names like Pirates to be doing the big money too. Tron is also on their list but that’s going to be a tough one to push big time

I think most people are thinking about the sequels here. Curse of the Black Pearl was actually a very good film, and I personally thought Depp was excellent as Jack Sparrow. In that first offering anyway.

Edit: However Depp's days were always numbered after what's happened with him of late. Plus the fact he is an absolute nightmare to work with. If just half of the stories surrounding him on the set of the last one were true, it's a miracle it got finished at all.

I think most people are thinking about the sequels here. Curse of the Black Pearl was actually a very good film, and I personally thought Depp was excellent as Jack Sparrow. In that first offering anyway.

Edit: However Depp's days were always numbered after what's happened with him of late. Plus the fact he is an absolute nightmare to work with. If just half of the stories surrounding him on the set of the last one were true, it's a miracle it got finished at all.
JK Rowling doesn’t think so. She sang his praises.

Since Di$ney bought all the Lucas Film stuff, they should just Monkey Island instead.

I didn't not see her coming back after her recent comments to Disney

I've never really found Keira Knightley or Orlando Bloom to have enough charisma to carry one film, let alone a series. After Johnny Depp got his Oscar nom for the first film they were always going to build anything that followed around his character.
Personally, I preferred Geoffrey Rush's Captain Barbossa but then, for me, the villain always gets to put in a much more layered performance in these kind of films

I didn't not see her coming back after her recent comments to Disney
Well they cast her in The Nutcracker? Or has she said or done something I don’t know about !?
I’m with Rambo though, Bloom & Knightley are pretty dull in these movies. The young woman in the last POTC film however is a different story, she’s lovely !
:love:

Well they cast her in The Nutcracker? Or has she said or done something I don’t know about !?
I’m with Rambo though, Bloom & Knightley are pretty dull in these movies. The young woman in the last POTC film however is a different story, she’s lovely !
:love:

Couldn't be arsed to see it (gave up after Pirates 3), but do you mean this young lady?
kaya-scodelario-variety-portrait.jpg

334210-pinkoo39.jpg

Yeah she can come back. Yum.

This! The first one is quite enjoyable and for me they just seemed to get ermm... "not as good" as time goes on. In fact scrap that, the later ones are straight up unwatchable.

Can they remove all previous films from history, especially Johnny Depp?

I think the first one is great. It all goes downhill after that, although the last one (Salazar's Revenge) wasn't too bad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom