Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 4K Blu-ray

HELP101

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi just to let you no that ( Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Dead men tell no tales 4K UHD ) is coming out on 4k in the USA on the 03/10/17 so its odds on to come out in the UK as well .

It's D23 this weekend in the states so Hopefully Disney announce some more titles

It's D23 this weekend in the states so Hopefully Disney announce some more titles

Yup I'm really hoping they go all in on UHD titles and release dates . Would really like a GotG box set of both films.

Yup I'm really hoping they go all in on UHD titles and release dates . Would really like a GotG box set of both films.
jesus. please don't tease me with that.

jesus. please don't tease me with that.

Sorry fella :thumbsdow. They have had enough time to gauge the format though an ( please Disney ) could easily embrace it with a blow out. Though I somehow expect the trickle drip fed approach to make us double or triple dip.

Sorry fella :thumbsdow. They have had enough time to gauge the format though an ( please Disney ) could easily embrace it with a blow out. Though I somehow expect the trickle drip fed approach to make us double or triple dip.
i both love and hate disney. i'd be pleasantly surprised with a blowout of discs. My wallet would be unpleasantly shocked however. I'd buy nearly all of the rumoured ones, and £25 a pop... easy 3 figures gone immediately, and that's with me restraining myself. fml

I realise I'm probably being impatient here but any UK site actually have it available for pre-order yet? Looked at a few of the main sites but all they seem to list currently is standard BD and 3D BD versions?

I realise I'm probably being impatient here but any UK site actually have it available for pre-order yet? Looked at a few of the main sites but all they seem to list currently is standard BD and 3D BD versions?

No Uk release apparently.

No Dutch release either......but then again Galaxy vol. 2 isn't released here either so I don't know what Disney is thinking , idiots :mad:

Disney home video is huge in the states and they are testing the water their first . Uhd have really caught on in USA and on some releases outselling it's original Blu Ray for the first few months , I'm not sure the U.K. Is anywhere big enough to commit fully yet . Maybe announcement soon in UK if Guardians sells well but when the main online retailer is Pre ordering at £36 they have no chance !

Speaking to Disney official distributor in U.K. Who my business buys from they are not even aware of 4k they are still pushing DVD more than Blu Ray in their BOGOF deals .

Makes you laugh its like the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing

Watched this yesterday, looked stunning, will try to post some pics up when I get time.

Was not keen on some of the previous Pirates movies and was not expecting much from the latest but was very surprised, really enjoyed it.

Looking to get this but cannot find it anywhere in the UK

Looking to get this but cannot find it anywhere in the UK
That's because it hasn't been released in the uk. Don't bother though, it genuinely is a dogsh-t transfer. No better than the disney plus version. The old bluray is better.

That's because it hasn't been released in the uk. Don't bother though, it genuinely is a dogsh-t transfer. No better than the disney plus version. The old bluray is better.
This the one?
91BC932D-906B-4A9A-B179-985E5DBC0EEB.jpeg

Sorry, thought the thread was for the original film, not the 5th one. Point still stands though, it hasn't been released in the uk. The transfer is fine, but not head and shoulders above the blu-ray. The atmos track is terrible though, the DTS HD MA on the bluray is much better.

Just done a search, confused, why is it known as two titles, Dead Men Tell No Tales and Salazars Revenge? Does it matter which?

Just done a search, confused, why is it known as two titles, Dead Men Tell No Tales and Salazars Revenge? Does it matter which?
Same film. Salazars Revenge was the title in Europe, amongst other places. Dead Men Tell No Tales was it's name in America and Australia.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom