Piranha 3DD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
“Nobody is safe”

Certainly not from this year’s rude horror-comedy flick in any case. The market for these films can be summed up by the 18 certificate category warnings - Rated 18 for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use. To put it another way, it is aimed squarely at teenage boys and a few of their more blokey girlfriends. I first saw this film over the shoulder of a bunch of lads on their way to a stag do in Newquay on the train. I think that kind of says it all about the audience.

The plot – yes there really is one, is a follow on to the original film. Some killer fish, awoken from their slumbers in deep caves start terrorising “innocent” swimmers in a freshwater lake water park. So far so good, a nice formulaic horror movie. So how to make it appeal to the target audience? Throw in some cute girls who all appear to be too poor to buy enough clothes, a...

Read the full review...

It's David Hasslehoff, not Michael Hasslehoff.

I watched this tonight. Thought it was awful and dont even think I can afford it a second viewing. Loved the first one it was great fun, I even enjoyed Shark Night cos it was fun...but this one I didn't find fun at all. It seemed to pointlessly skip from one scene to another, Hoff really didn't need to be in it and and on my HD33 although I never saw any crosstalk I didn't get anywhere near the same 3D effect that I got with the first movie.

is this the film with a certain (ahem) Ashlynn Brooke starring in it?

I only ask because a friend of mine mentioned it - honest!

is this the film with a certain (ahem) Ashlynn Brooke starring in it?

I only ask because a friend of mine mentioned it - honest!

According to the IMDB it was the first Piranha film she was in, not 3DD. Although I can't remember seeing her as a 'Cheerleader' (in that film anyway haha) :D

terrible terrible film , i loved the first one and was really looking forward to the second but its a very poor film only a 3 star at best and i love cheap b movies so im not being to hard on it

the hoff the only good bit in the film

i agree with steve about the poor 3d on my hd33 very poor 3d

Last edited:
Just to be a contrary sort, I thought the first one was a POS and this one was a complete gas.

You'd think the first one was a masterpiece, to hear some people.

:laugh:

Just to be a contrary sort, I thought the first one was a POS and this one was a complete gas.

You'd think the first one was a masterpiece, to hear some people.

:laugh:

my main gripe was the lack of any noticeable 3D. You'd have thought after the first must have done well enough to support a sequel they'd at least make more of an effort on the 3D side of things.

3D can eff off.

:devil:

I really didn't like this movie. the storyline is weak and too predictable

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom