piping sat pictures to another TV

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Belaggio, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Belaggio

Belaggio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a Pace digibox in the living room. The wife wants to view satellite on our porttable in the kitchen.

I believe I can run a cable from the back of the Digibox, to the TV in the Kitchen. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks guys,

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pay $ky £50 notes and they'll do it for you and give you a second remote and a magic eye to drive the sta box from the kitchen

3. Belaggio

Belaggio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reponse. They actually quoted me £85, which is why I thought I could do it myself alot cheaper.

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gone up a bit since I did it then :nono:

You can run the cable yourself, buy a magic eye (and a another remote if you need it).

You also need to turn on some setting to allow the signal to be sent.

If you do a search for magic eye I'm sure there was a link to somebody selling some.

you probably can use the remote from the living room to drive the sat box, the only advantage of a second remote (which we've got in the bedroom) is that it'll drive the volume and standby buttons on the second telly.

For that kind of price you could get an IR transmitter (£89 ish) and use the reciever in any room in the house (or additinal receivers for £39ish) - search for infrared remotes and see the threads on the various makes - I've got the one from Argos -works fine in the kitchen but hates microwave ovens

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you don't have to pay Sky anything. I don't actually know the Pace box but all other digital STB's have a second RF output on the back. all you need to do is run a coaxial cable from your digibox to the kitchen set. This will allow you to watch whatever is selected by your remote in the lounge. If you want to be able to change the channel from the kitchen (but be warned that this also changes whats on the Lounge telly) you need a Sky remote extender at around £40 from Maplin or similar supplier. Or for the remote eye only then £24 but in that case you'll have to use the remote from the lounge. If you want to watch different channels in each room (other than normal terrestial BBC1 & 2 ITV1,CH4 , CH5 ) then you need a second digibox at around £200

6. Belaggio

Belaggio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin: Cheers guys - I'll try a run of coaxial first to see. If not I might just bite the bullet and pay the thieving swines :suicide:

7. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Just remember that co-axial only sends mono sound, as long as the second set is mono, or you're no bothered, its no problem.
    I have sky available all round the house in this way and accept the picture is not as perfect as it could be and the sound away from the main scart fed set is mono.

8. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    And use CT 100 double screened coaxial cable to minimise any interference.

9. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can order this cable by the metre from satcure. They also stock the "DIGIlink" and extra remote controls, conectors, cable clips, wall sockets etc.

Alternatively, you may be able to get some of the kit from B&Q or similar.