PIP on PW7 not possible ?

mep said:
have now tried this and you cannot do pip between vga and component when using the js box. i guess lisa can as she is using dvi and not component board.
that's a pity. But are you satisfied with the PQ of the JS?

oh yes....it's top notch....i had one anyway but had moved it through to other room and connected it to the tiny!....it even makes that look pretty good!

mep said:
have now tried this and you cannot do pip between vga and component when using the js box.

Hi mep, this is a strange phenomenon, if you have video going to both inputs and you press the 'multi pip' button when in one input - what happens? Nothing?

Last edited by a moderator:
it allows you to multi pip between vga and scart (ps2) but the component board is not presented as an option and it allows you to do it between scart and component but in that case vga is not presented as an option...also tried using the pc button as suggested but it clearly can distinguish between signal type on vga.

Sorry if this is covering old ground, but... if you press multiPIP when watching one input it brings up a second input in the PIP square. You can then press select and it highlights the name of the second input.... if you then press the input button on the top of the remote it cycles through the different inputs available to have in the PIP square.

This puzzled me for ages, but I think I actually got the info from the manual. Well this works for me between VGA, DVI and Scart - whether component behaves differently I don't know

Last edited by a moderator:
yes that's what I do too.....but the input cycle doesn't ever allow vga / component to be mixed when you have rgb going in on vga. So if for example I am watching sky on vga pressing multi-pip will only allow me to mix it with input 1 (scart), input 2 (composite) but not input 3 (component). Like wise if I am watching dvd on input 3 it will alow me to select input 1 or 2 to go with it but not vga.

yes you are right....it is a nasty piece of grey plastic!

Old topic but I kick it because after 2 years my PIP is working :)

I have a PW7 with JS VGA RGB and component + composite boards.
Today I found out that PiP is working but only with VGA and composite! I find it rather strange that it does not work with component! From what I read it works with VGA/Scart/Composite. Only those 3 are able to do the PIP. Anyone knows why they would let out the component part?

yeah, just found that out too :)

So VGA+composite = ok, component+composite=ok but VGA+component=not ok. Strange but true.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom