1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pionner VSA-AX10 - component out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarkHudds, Jun 12, 2002.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

I'm using my VSA-AX10 to switch video sources, however I've come across a problem when it comes to feeding a component signal to more than 1 display as the VSA-AX10 only has 1 component video outout.

I'd like to connect both a plasma and projector to the amplifier via the component video out however I can't find out how!

Could I simply use phono splitters or would this reduce quality significantly?

Many thanks for any ideas!!

Cheers

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,678
    Easy solution...

Give me the plasma screen and projector and I'll give you my telly.:D

It was pure jealousy that made me reply to this thread:blush:

Sorry I can't help but I'll be following this one as it's a VERY good question!

Regdz

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi MarkHudds,
    I'm sorry but I can't answer your question either, but I was just wondering how you felt the amp sounded when you play CD's through its direct setting and whether or not the MCACC works well. (sould be recieving my ax10 in two weeks can't wait )
    :D

Cheers (hope somebody can sort your problem)

4. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I'm v v v v v happy with the AX10. Good luck with yours when it arrives.

I did consider the Denons, however the AX10 was/sounded a better all-rounder.

Direct setting with CD's works well, I'm not a complete audiophile, however it does sound stunning. Hate to say it, but I prefer CD's in Dolby Pro-logic II !!!!

MCACC - to be honest, not tried it yet as the amp isn't currently in its 'official' room - waiting building work!

Tried splitting the component output, and yep, it does degrade signal ... wy do Keene or Lektropacks not make any video distribution units with component in/out? (they're all composite and svhs).

Bah.. bah .. bah ...

5. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During some of my internet searches I have come across a unit from JVC, three component in, one component out....

By the law of physics, any of these devices should degrade the signal. Whether you can notice it, is a total different point...

Or...you can get a progressive scan and video scaler which excepts multiple inputs. I am certain Faroudja does one that fits the bill.

Cheers,

Jean-Paul