Pionner 530H & NTL Digital Cable Box Dont Communicate ?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Iceman_, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Iceman_

Iceman_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently bought a Pionner DVR 530H but I can not get the GuidePLUS to work with my NTL digital cable box. I have repeatedly gone through the setup procedure but the NTL box will not recognise the DVR remote.

I have a DITV1000 (in the user guide) but below the unit it statEs D1400N Phone NTL and they stay that they will swap out my existing cable box for one which is compatable but which NTL cable box do I need to tell NTL, your advice would be greatly appriciated.

2. Tonto

Tonto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Iceman, Where do you live? (I need to know if you are NTL Bromley fed or NTL Langley).

3. Iceman_

Iceman_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tonto

I live in the Nottinghham area I have read up and from what I understand this is the Langley area I think. :rolleyes:

4. Tonto

Tonto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah, sorry, I only know about the Bromley network. I have a Samsung box, which works with my 530H and Guideplus very well. Don't think its the same box for the Langley network.

5. Iceman_

Iceman_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys
    My new Pioneer 530H came on Monday and I have been trying it out with my existing PACE 4001 NTL digital cable box. I have been able to get the Guide+ and the NTL cablebox to work. :clap:

The original recorder I returned it as I had suspicions that it was a return product in the first place as it came in a plan brown packaging. Bought the replacement from Amason (the last one) . Well impressed, with the recorder and Guide+.

I do not know if this made a diffrence but I positioned the G-link unit below the cable box an not above it (so the dome is pointing up).

Did not need the red-eye cable after all. :thumbsup: