Pionner 433mxe and Progress,ive Scan

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DJBlade, Jan 26, 2003.

1. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi, 3 bits of help needed,

1. i've just recently bought a DVD player which outputs progressive scan (Arcam DV27) but i'm not 100% sure i've set it up correctly (hence the thread in the dvd player section). I've been more into 2 channel stereo for ages but only recently got into hc, so not sure of the various technical referances. I have only 2 items connected to the screen, Sky & DVD, both routed through a sony amp, and connected to input 2 - componant, now, when i press *DISPLAY* button when viewing sky, i get this message - fh:15.5khz fv:49.0hz 625i and when viewing dvd i get fh:31.1 khz fv:49.8hz 625p, which mean nothing to me at all. Does the p refer to pal or progressive..? i assume the i refers to interlaced..?

2. When i view a movie with the black bars top and bottom, the top bar is 2.5 times bigger than bottom, When i use the Monsters Inc set up feature, the one where you get the video calibration, where its supposed to show the 2 rectangles with the circle inside, the picture i get appears to have dropped and over to the left, as i dont see 2 lines at the bottom and left sides, how do i tweek the screen posistion..?

3. Is there a screen saver option on this imput..?

Thanks for reading..!

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

The 625p indicates a PAL progressive scan input - also known as 576p, which is the number of visible lines on the display. I'm sorry I can't help you with your other questions - not got my 433MXE yet :)

Steve

3. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Great.......!

Also, should i do all my viewing in the full or wide mode, if not, then when should i use each setting, thanks again....

4. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If the menu is the same as the HDE model you should be able to go into advanced picture settings and adjust the screen position.

As for the screen modes view in full for any anamorphic DVD or widescreen broadcast. Non anamorphic material e.g. some early DVD's or widescreen VHS view in zoom. For all 4.3 material it is really a matter of taste some prefer to keep it in 4.3 mode but some ( myself included ) prefer to watch in wide mode which keeps the middle part of the picture normal and gradually streches the edge of the picture.

Hope this helps.

5. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    The MXE differs from the HDE. You need to go into the "integrator menu". you do this by powering off the display, then pressing "menu" followed by "power" on the remote. you will see the integrator menu which has loads of adjustable items, including screen position.

To expand on dutch's answer, the "i" means interlaced and the screen's own deinterlacer is working. The "p" means the screen is getting a progressive signal and an external deinterlacer is at work, in your case the DV27 which is a whole lot better than the internal deinterlacer.

6. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    thanks for that, i'll try adjusting today, using the monsters inc dvd, sorry to ask this again, but should i view this movie (whilst setting screen position) in wide or full mode...... i rally am a novice when it comes to anamorhic and so on.........

7. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    thats really, and anamorphic....