Pionneer 433mxe connection help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DJBlade, Nov 4, 2002.

1. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    :( As header, Ive only got my dvd hooked up at the moment (componant to bnc), and need to know what you guys consider the best option for me to hook up the rest of my kit, which is:panasonis sky box, panasonic vcr, and i'll have to hook up the son's playstation2.
    I cant decide on the best way, my amp is the sony strva555es, which has componant inputs, would it be better to route the sky/vcr through that, (i think it would help make things more simple for the wife/kids to use) or direct..? can i get the playstation through the amp..? also, i'd like to use the vcr for normal tv, as it *sounds*better than the sky box. so i'd prefer to send any sky signals through this to the amp. so..do i connect every thing trough the amp(including the dvd player) or direct to the plasma. I look forward to your speedy replys, as i'm itching to get a fottie match onto this *Awesome* screen. TIA

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Don't have a PS, but for the others:

DVD via component is best. Sky into VGA using one of John sims magic boxes, or into component using another of his magic boxes (and swithched via the amp) - VGA is probably better. VCR via composite - not worth anything better. When you say you want to run the digibox via the VCR, the latter must have RGB scart loopthrough? If not don't bother. If it has then I wouls till hook up to VGA via a converter. Assuming the PS has s-video out then you could use that. S-video is very good on the 433, a bit fuzzier than component as you'd expect.

Agree with your awesome tag - its a beauty aint it!