Pioneer XV-DV55 optical input problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dar Kaus, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Dar Kaus

Dar Kaus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DV55 system, recently for no apparent reason both of the optical inputs have stopped working, I have feeds coming from my Sky HD box and from my PS3 I have looked at the cables and there is the expected red light coming down the cable so I know the source components are both ok, but for some reason the Pioneer system just doesn't register the signal at all, I have ensured that the correct audio button is selected via the remote and swapped the feeds around many times to check for source issues, I have had the lid off the system but the optical inputs are inaccessible from the top and the bottom looks like being more complex to open up, not being an engineer I thought it better to leave well alone for now as this system represents my total audio system which feeds TV, DVD and Sky so loosing my analogue also is not an option. Has anyone got any suggestions as to why this might be happening, and what if anything else I can try to resolve this, if I end up having to scrap it suggestions as to decent amp and sub to replace it would also be welcome.

2. Tre

Tre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I can't help but I notice you have DV55 and PS3, how do you link the two together?

3. Dar Kaus

Dar Kaus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get the best from the PS3's sound system you'll need to use an optical cable, there are two inputs on the back of the DV55, which will show up as Video 1 & 2 on the display, hope that helps.