Pioneer xv-bd212 screech!

Kambo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm a complete newbie and would really appreciate some help with what I think is a major problem with my Pioneer xv-bd212 Blu-Ray Disc Receiver. I've had this for just over a year (typical - warranty is out now!!) and it was working just fine with my sony Bravia TV via a HDMI connection with ARC. However, one day, when switching on it just started to screech (quite loudly). Whatever input I try (FM, HDMI1, HDMI2, external....etc) all I get is a screeching sound out of all the speakers. I strongly suspect that it is a component inside that is fried. My question is - should I bother trying to get it repaired and if so where can I trust in London. Also, is there any way I could open it up and have a shot at trying to find out what's wrong with it, perhaps find the faulty component myself and try and replace it myself.
Apologies for the ramble. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Errr ...Have I not posted in the right section? I'm thinking my piece of kit is toast as no-one seems to have replied or offered any guidance at all. - can anyone help please.

Last edited:
Can anyone in "The No.1 Home Entertainment Community" please help me??

The retailer you purchased the system from is your first port of call – if you used a CC to make the purchase you will want to contact them too if you get no joy from your supplier.

Ignore the Manufacturers warranty - your contract is with the Retailer.

If you decide to go with a repair Pioneer GB have a list of authorised Service Centres – I would use one of those as non-authorised centres can struggle to source parts.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/content/support/support/service.html
Joe

Hi Joe - Firstly thank you for replying - I was wondering if anyone could help at all.
I've accepted the fact that it has been over a year and the warranty, either with the retailer or manufacturer is out of date. I'm guessing by your reply that the unit I have has something terribly wrong with it and its not something I could tackle myself and that I should get it repaired (with a Pioneer centre).(?)
Have you heard of this kind of problem before?
Thanks again for your reply.

Retailer – not sure I’d give in quite so quickly!

Tackle yourself – all depends how competent you are, keep in mind these devices are full of surface mount technology.

Repair – I’d ask for a quote, watch out for any charges they may levy if you decide to not proceed with a repair!

Problem - not specific to this unit, I don't know this unit.

Joe

PS Replace – I guess you have to consider the economics of a repair vs. replace!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom