1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer xde-help with picture quality

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by delosen, Apr 4, 2005.

1. delosen

delosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dear members
    need some expert help regarding setup of my new pioneer xde.picture quality via component leads from dvd is excellent but having problems getting best picture/reception quality from sky/media receiver DTV.Is there a way of boosting the quality of the normal terrestial aerial reception and will this help with picture quality.should i upgrade to sky+ and do you get a better signal with sky +?I am currently using my normal terrestial aerial through media receiver in case problems with sky satellite reception.is DTV only good when normal terrestial aerial reception is strong?currently using qed scarts.

2. SPURS1882

SPURS1882

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Try getting yourself some Qed TTV / RVR cables, these WILL improve your PQ.

3. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    HI delosen.I've been using my xde for 6 weeks now.Initially reception was a little hit and miss with channel 5 not available on analogue nor on digital and BBC 3 and 4 missing or pixellating/freezing badly.I live about 60 miles from the Belmont transmitter and had problems prior to this with my CRT and freeview box,despite using an internal amplifier for the signal.In anticipation I had booked a visit from Aerials and Satellites who were very helpful.Although my aerial was only 2 years old the signal strength was very poor.A new high gain aerial on a 10 foot mast along with new cabling (I hadn't replaced the cabling 2 years previously) transformed the signal and made life extremely easy for the xde.The picture quality on both analogue and digital was transformed,the digital particularly.No problems whatsoever now and a pleasure to watch.We are happy to spend a fortune on cabling/ISF etc,when perhaps we should be making sure the input is as good as we can get it to start with.Have fun
    Regards
    Ian

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    While calibrating a forum members plasma I found the scart lead he had for SkyPlus to XDE media box was very very poor causing ALOT of noise in the image when using RGB. He believed it was a cable supplied with box. If anyone is using somethign similar do yourself a favour and bin it and get a decent screened scart lead like one of those mentioned. Best £30-40 you'll spend.

Gordon

5. delosen

delosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for advice Ian.will check out aerial source.how much did a call out from aerial and satellites cost you and how expensive was the installation of the aerial.Also,is the denon 2910 as good as they claim it to be?
    regards
    Delosen

6. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    £275,but that included an fm aerial for my 2805 on the same mast.It's difficult for me to judge the 2910.It's my first DVD player.I obviously compared it to many in the shops but it's the only one I've had at home.PQ over a Wireworld HDMI (thanks to Hornydragon's megatest) is quite fantastic.I've just loaded version 8 firmware which I think has improved the blacks (again it's difficult without side by side comparison).Stereo is very impressive compared to my two other cd systems(sugden/denon/marantz/mission and audio innovations/acoustic energy),sacd with DSOTM is quite amazing.Can't comment on DVD-A as I've not yet got any.I have no regrets,but as ever would say you have to look,listen and make your decision as we all have our own idea of perfection!
    Regards
    Ian