1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer x20 HDD - HDD copy

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by eddyad, Sep 2, 2004.

1. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Regarding the Pioneer 420/520/720 machines, I seem to recall someone mentioning that it was not possible to make a copy on the HDD of a recording already on it.
    But suppose normal 1m leads were used to connect the rear AV out sockets (audio and s-video) directly to the front AV in sockets (L2 in).
    With Input Select on L2 and the required Record Mode set, play back of the desired recording is started and at the appropriate point the Record button is pressed.
    As the machines are capable of simultaneous play and record I assume a HDD copy would result, albeit working in real time. But mode changes (e.g. SP to LP) could be made and variable chapter marks might copy.
    I have a 420 and don't have any particular reason to do this at present, but would it work?
    I'm not going to be the first to try it though :laugh:

2. BlueScreen

BlueScreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yes, I think it is possible. But why do that ?
    Instead you should highspeed copy to a 4x DVD-RW and highspeed copy it back to the HDD. (This way a 2 hours recording in SP mode will only take 30 mins to copy).

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I wsa wondering just the same - why do it? But a post had mentioned the lack of the HDD-HDD copy as a slight drawback on the Pioneers.

4. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also remember reading something like that, as oposed to Toshiba XS32 recorder that allows High Speed dubbing of created playlists to HDD.

In fact, I think this is only due to the inability of that toshiba recorder to edit original titles on HDD, and so this is the method for "HDD editing" on this recorder. I think this is correct, but other members can confirm this.

But pioneer recorders (with HDD) allow for this type of HDD editing (title divide/combine, chapter create/erase/combine, etc) in the original titles in the HDD.

So, actually it is not a drawback on pioneer models. They may have some, but i think not this one.

In any case, the method sugested by BlueScreen would workaround this issue, in case you need it for something (wich I can't imagine what could be, but ...).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

5. GoldFish

GoldFish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh DO allow editing on HDD.

The only facility that make me interested in the Pionner range is its ability the record PAL 60 and NTSC.

Tan

6. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the correction.

Best regards,