Question Pioneer WL300 set up impossible - help please

flyer

I have been trying for some time to get the WL300 to handshake with my router but it just doesnt seem to work.

Please can anyone advise me on how they set theirs up, step by step?

Many Thanks

Flyer

fxv300

you usually need to set up 3 entries.
Chosse a static IP if you can so that you can always browse to your device. Make sure it is not in the DHCP range.
ip = 192.168.0.3 (example)
subnet = 255.255.255.0
gateway = 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router ip address is)

Can you be specific with any errors thrown up when it tries to connect?
Frank

flyer

Frank thanks for the help

I have connected the WL300 up to the LX77 with the cable and pressed the WPS button on the converter and also on the router as this is supposed to get them to connect.

I think by your comments I am missing something essential?

Do I need to connect it to my PC first?

Thanks

fxv300

If you are using Ethernet it should see the router, the WPS button is for WiFi.
You need to know what the Ethernet address for your router is, that will clarify your network subnet. Once you know that you can progress. If your AMP can do DHCP try that first as that will get an IP address from the router. In some cases MAC address filtering may be setup on the router but if you set that up you would know how to manage it. If you have a PC run ipconfig command from a DOS box (CMD). That will show all your netword details.
What choices do you have on the AMP for the network options?

fxv300

Just had a look at the WL300, looks like it is a LAN to Wireless box. If that is so you would not connect that device with a cable to the AMP, the WL300 would need to be connected to the ISP provided Broadband device. Then your only choice is WiFi. So connect the WL300 back to the broadband unit with the cable and try and use DHCP on your AMP to connect to it. As a test does your mobile phone see the SSID of the WL300 (ie does it see a WiFi network) ? If your mobile phone can connect to it so should your AMP

fxv300

here is the pdf for your device.... apparently once your pair it with the main broadband device the LAN cable can be used as well. The default ip add is 192.168.1.249

flyer

Again you have been very helpful and thanks for taking the time to respond etc.

I will have another play on Monday and let you know how I get on

Cheers again

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom