1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Wall Mounts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Tantalus, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a choice between a Pioneer wall mount KWM02 (for 249.95) or a cheaper unbranded (for 118) for 43". Is it worth forking out extra for the Pioneer? Any installlers views? What have people used for 435 , experiences etc.. Thanks

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we used the universal wall mount from the Power buys section(supplied by AV Sales) to mount our PDP-433MXE display and it's excellent, can't remember the cost but was a hell of a lot cheaper that Pioneers own product.

Not sure if the power buy is still available on this or not now though

check out this linki :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130179

Gary

3. thebigkung

thebigkung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I ordered a 'universal' mount with my Pio screen. Cost about £120 but what arrived was the Pio one :thumbsup:

I can't see what the difference would be there's not much to it. It has a locking bar thing for extra security and a 'slight' tilt adjuster if the wall it's mounted on is not quit vertical, but essentially one part just bolts onto the back of the screen and you bolt the other onto the wall then you mount one onto the other.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    If you just want a flat wall mount £249 is laughably expensive! Any of the retailers on the forum can sell you a mount for about 1/3 of that. There are plenty of ways of spending the other 2/3 more profitably for your system, I see you know of a few of them! We use a basic flat mount for all our installs, never a pioneer one, or any other makers own brand mount, all way overpriced.

5. Member 45084

Member 45084

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    We sell a wall bracket that will fit your model perfectly
    see RS100

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your mount, to me, a custom installer looks horrible and still too expensive for what it is.

Edited due to my popup blocker blocking your advert, Sorry. But above comment still applies, I'd never use that.

7. Neil F Holland

Neil F Holland
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the least I should expect to pay for a pull out wall mount fro 42" model with twisting head? (Screen is to be mounted in alcove and needs to come out 12" or so and swing round to be visible from all sofas!!)

Thanks

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Now you are looking towards £400 or more. Unicol do one, the Vinnie Jones of wall mounts. Ugly, but strong and does the business, then there's vogels, e-vdion and a slack handful of others, all more money but with higher WAF

9. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    vogels now offer a cut down version for £300 that doesn't tilt forwards as easily but still works the same for swinging out from wall (EFW2009)