1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer vsxd814

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by oxygenuk, May 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi had a problem with this yesterday, was playing music from my pc onto the 814 after a while it was still playing, i moved a few wires around while it was playing but then 5 mins after that on the display it said "overload" then it switched itself off.

so then i switched it back on about 2 times and it did the same, so then i turned everything off by the wall and phoned pioneer customer supp, and they said it sounds like a fault and said i may need to send it in for repair, i said maybe i should wait to see if it happens again to see if i should send it for repair...

got off the phone to him then i reconnected a few speaker wires and untangled a few from the back, then switched it back on at a very loud volume level as i thought it might of been the pc's soundcard (it was plugged into the green socket on the soundcard by the way (bad or good?) ) that was whippin the 814's ass, as i had it on pro logic 2 and the soundcard isnt even 5.1, just an old thing...

well anyway, unplugged the phono to 3.5mm jack plug from the pc to the amp also, and up until last night and now its been like its been before (fine).

Ps: is there any chance the soundcard can differ the sound on the amp when controlling the volume control on the pc?

thanks for any help. and please reply as this did not not just take me a few mins to do :devil: