1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSXC502

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Myer, Sep 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Myer

Myer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a first time user of this site and a novice! I would much appreciate advice as to how to best connect my new Pioneer VSXC502 receiver to my Pioneer DV575A CD player.

I purchased the amp as it had four scart connectors, three in and one out and I was told that they are RGB and will also switch automaticly. I am also connecting a sky box, Pace 2600C and another no name sat box with scart output. The output is to a Panasonic TH42PW7 plasma, for which I assume I would use an RGB only connected scart. Any advice.

2. Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Considering the Pio DVD has component output, unless you REALLY want Scart switching for this amp, I imagine you would be better off connecting your sky equipment to various inputs on the Pio amp, and then connecting the output to an RGB socket on your plasma. Then connect the dvd player directly to the plasma with component. There is a spare optical connector at the front of the 502 so you can connect your dvd player optical output to this and then get DD or DTS decoding.

If you don't want the component connection, connect them all via scart to the amp and then a single output from the amp to a single RGB scart socket on the plasma.

They are all RGB in, although you must take care over which ones you use. Two are solely inputs, one takes RGB in and can output in composite only, one takes composite in only but can output in RGB. So you'll need to check the manual as to which is which. I'm fairly sure the DVD and STB inputs are RGB IN only, the Video input at the back is RGB in, comp out and the output is comp in and RGB out.