1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSXC301 or VSXC100 for bedroom?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kazman, Apr 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Well, quite simple really.

The price difference between the two is a measly £20 for the silver versions.

I just want to be reassured that the 301 is vastly superior to the 100 to justify that £20 :D

I'm going to use some cheapo speakers anyway, don't need anything fancy in the bedroom, I'm going to recycle my Eltax sub and I have two fronts, so just need a centre and rears.

What do y'all think?

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've got a 301 and am very pleased with it. As I recall the only real differences is the 301 has a bit more power and uses scart connections (still has coax and optical audio inputs). This makes the 301 the obvious choice fir £20 more however, it's casing is quite a bit deeper than the 100 so check it will fit with all the cables hooked up.

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Well, popped over to the open box sale at Richer Sounds on Sunday, and managed to pick up a brand new Yamaha 5630 for a bargain £94!!!!

Going to use this in the bedroom with a new set of Yamaha NSP100's. A bit shattered now, so going to set it all up tomorrow, will report back in a new thread.