Pioneer VSXC300, noisy fan problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CrumpetMan, Sep 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. CrumpetMan

CrumpetMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just got one of these and after it's been switched on for about an hour I can hear a fan kick in. It is much too loud to put up with and can clearly be heard above the sound from the speakers. The fan stays on for 2-3 minutes but comes on again within the hour.

I checked the manual and it says nothing about a fan, just that it needs x amount of space above, behind and to the sides. I haven't left quite enough space above it, I think there is about 10-15cm and the manual says to leave 20cm. But to the sides and behind it is clear.

I bought this receiver because of it's slimline appearance, but if I need to leave a huge space all around it I might as well use my old chunky sherwood cause it will end up taking less space overall.

Have any other owners come across a problem with a noisy vsx300 or do you think it is a fault with the unit? I need to know if it is supposed to do this because if it does, I don't want one. If it is a faulty unit then I will send it back for a replacement.

TIA.