PIONEER VSX922 & Wharfedale DX1 HCP

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wiggy332, Aug 8, 2013.

1. wiggy332

wiggy332
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i am finally fed up of the seriously cheap and cheerful Panasonic SC-PT460EB i bought many years ago now & i am looking for what is a fairly good entry level system - of which i think i have narrowed it down to:

PIONEER VSX922 & Wharfedale DX1 HCP £449.00

or

Yamaha RXV373 & Q Acoustics Q2000i 5.1 pack. £629.95

Potentially, swapping out the first packages speakers for the Tannoy HTS101 instead. My main questions being, are these packages actually any good? Which would you recommend or if any alternatives for a similar price range would you point me in the right direction bearing in mind at present i dont have bags of room/floor space to play with?

Im looking to probably have about a 60/40 mix of film and music played through it, so looking for a good all rounder. Importantly from keeping the Mrs happy from me spending this money - would i notice a big increase in sound quality with these systems and my old out of the box cheap package from years ago?

2. nenito2k

nenito2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    finally you decided to ditch that all in one crappy thing :)

yes those packages are interesting....but man for 630£ i would say add another 100 or so and you can even better...
    there are too many choices for me to give...but i would advise head to whathifi and select 5 star speakers and 5 stars AVR...narrow then your search...and buy....it is simple really.

ps: package 2 should be much better than 1

3. bigporl

bigporl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got the rx 373 an dx1 hcp they sound great an many say they should cost more(the speakers) love the 373 but wish id have got a couple of models up for the little extras like connctivity wifi hdmi passthrough etc.

4. wiggy332

wiggy332
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys, here's a stupid question for you.. On the basis that my current surround sound, when I play music through it only utilises the centre, fronts and sub. Can you set the proper amps to play properly out of the rears to if you so wished?

5. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,433
    Yes. Select prologic music or some have all channel stereo/party modes as well.