• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer vsx916s no picture

apduk

Standard Member
Hi all

Oh how excited I was to pick up my new reciever, and how gutted I soon became.

Ive just spent well over an hour trying to get any sort of image going through this reciever, no matter what I try though it just wont work. Ive tried the three components and the single rca video out, aswell as svhs and nothing works (not sure if im saying all them correctly). I can however get the osd to work through all of them plus the sound works fine but I just cant seem to get the picture to work, has anyone got any idea of what am I doing wrong?

I know its a new product but has anyone got any experience with this machine as im not impressed what so ever so far.

Many thanx

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
the OSD should work if you just connect the amp directly to the tv afaik, so nothing to do with it :)

now as you have a the osd the amp is working, remember it is only basically a switchbox inside, the amp does'nt scale the pictures so i would assume you need to alter the settings on your source.

btw what is your source? DVD Player? have you tried another source like sky/VHS? i will also assume you have tried clicking through all the inputs i.e dvd/cd ect ect.

may want to read the manual too, as you may have to turn certain things on/off on both the amp and source.

so in short, it's most likely you need to assign the inputs correctly or chane source settings :thumbsup:

apduk

Standard Member
Thanx for that, it was my fault sorry. The manual wasnt in plain enough english for me lol

My last reciever didnt have all these different connections on and so I didnt realise that you could only use the same connections for in and out or it wouldnt work. I do however think thats really stupid, but i guess a more expensive one wouldnt have this problem. Oh well cheers anyway :)

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
apduk said:
Thanx for that, it was my fault sorry. The manual wasnt in plain enough english for me lol

My last reciever didnt have all these different connections on and so I didnt realise that you could only use the same connections for in and out or it wouldnt work. I do however think thats really stupid, but i guess a more expensive one wouldnt have this problem. Oh well cheers anyway :)

NP :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom