1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX511 - Bass Keeps Dropping Out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chrisconnew, Jul 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. chrisconnew

chrisconnew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've had a Pioneer VSX 511 for about a year and i've only really recently bothered to start ironing out the bugs with my various AV equipment (starting with getting the Pioneer controlled by my Tivo remote).

I have noticed that depending on the volume set on the unit the bass cuts in and drops out - this wouldn't be so bad if it was only at night when the machine is at a relatively low volum level, but it's even when we are watching things like Cbeebies for the kids during the day at an average volume. I'm sure it happens at other times too as it depends on the volume within a particular program - if you get a quiet scene the bass cuts out and can take a sencond or two to kick back in; very annoying if you have a scene on a dvd with the calm before the storm!

Any ideas as to if there is any way to stop this - or am i stuck at sticking it at -20 volume the entire time if i want continuous bass?

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Have u got a auto on/off switch on the sub.. sounds like the sub is turning itself off when the bass signal is low.. if you have one change it to be on all the time.. or try one of the phono 2 2phono cables so you can connect to both phonos on the sub. which also can help...

Cheers

Matt