Pioneer VSX324, PS4, SKY HD issues - HELP!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by yay mayor bee, Feb 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. yay mayor bee

yay mayor bee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Looking for a little bit of help please I hope I am posting in the right place... ( sorry about the length, but it is necessary)

A friend of mine brought the VSX324 and some small satellite speakers for his apartment. He is running it with a Samsung LCD UA40D6600 a PS4 and a Pace Sky HD set top box.

Now I went to set it up at his place put everything into the amp via hdmi and then the hdmi out on the amp to an input on the tv. I have set up numerous systems for friends and family so know what to do in that regard. We went to turn on the tv and put the amp on the correct input for sky and had the sky turned on, only to find the picture was there for a couple of seconds and then the screen would flash completely green with no picture for a couple of seconds and then go back to picture and then back to green screen. The amp recognised that there was an hdmi connection ( i know this b/c the hdmi light was lit), and the tv was obviously out putting some sort of signal.

The second thing we tried was the PS4 and we basically had the same thing although there was no picture at all and hdmi light was flashing on & off as if it couldnt decide to work in digital or analogue.

We then tried different hdmi leads, changing the order of starting each component and even hooked into a computer display of his he had with an hdmi connection, with no luck.

Fast forward a day and I have taken his amp to try a few things at home and try and nut this out. I plug it into my system at home and run my PS4 and Sky decoder through the amp and put it into my older Samsung LA52A650. low and behold everything works and powers up. There is perfect picture and it is putting through digital sound and there are no problems.

Naturally I think its his hdmi leads so i take a couple of mine back to his place to test out.....same result as above, nothing has changed. I even unplugged the tv from the hdmi out just incase that was the issue for one reason or another, but still the same thing....

So after that wall of text my question in a nutshell is, why would the same make and model components work on the same amp at my house, and connected the same way, not at his house?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

P.S we checked all versions of firmware were up to date etc.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    Faulty HDMI input on the TV ?
    Have you tried connecting any of the components directly to the tv?
    Have you tried connecting via the amp to a different TV ?

3. yay mayor bee

yay mayor bee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to read all of that and reply. We have tried different hdmi ports on the tv and I think I mention in the post that we even tried on a computer monitor with hdmi.

And yes we have connected everything directly to the tv without any worries at all.

So strange