• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Pioneer VSX322K - HDMI Handshake Issue?

Refused

Established Member
Hello, hope this is the correct place to ask for some help.

Lately I've noticed that when, for instance, my fridge clicks on, I'll lose the picture on my TV.
After many hours of testing and googling I believe I have some sort of handshake issue between my receiver and my TV (LG LA620V).
If I plug anything into the TV via HDMI directly I don't have this issue. The display on the front of my receiver stays lit up, along with the light indicating a HDMI signal is being received by it. I'm assuming the problem is when something electrical comes on it's causing some sort of power fluctuation which isn't being handled very well by the connection between my receiver and TV. Having said that, my trusty old Dreamcast which is connected via Scart is occasionally effected, but it'll only be a quick line of interference in the picture.
I was just wondering other peoples thoughts on this, and whether I have it diagnosed correctly? What options do I have to fix this issue?
I have read that plugging the TV and/or receiver into a different circuit might solve this issue - although living in quite a small flat I'm unsure if this will be effective.
I've also looked into something like a HDMI cable with redmere - would an active cable like this stop the loss of picture?

Thanks for any help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom