1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX2011 video-out questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jhjerpe, Jun 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Slight problem for your plans, the 2011 will not convert/scale from S-Video to Component, which means you are stuck with two inputs on the back of the amp which will switch when you use the component connectors.

However as I am typing this the point you make about the s-video connections makes me think....

DVD - AMP via Component
    XBOX - Scart to Component convertor (or a component lead) - AMP via component
    AMP - Dosplay via component

The get an S-video cable for the other two consoles:

PS/2 and CUBE via S-video to AMP then to the TV via S-Video...

What I don't know is would the 2011 switch between all the sources? If it does then all you have to do is select the input on the TV......

Now do I have enough S-video cables to try this??

Or even better does someone know if it will work before I start experimenting?

Sorry - an answers leads to more questions...

2. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently sorting out (upgrading) all the interconnects between my various devices. Now I've got my new toshiba MV36ZD26 with its component and SVHS inputs, I'd like to use those please. Now I want to connect my Xbox, PS2, gamecube and DVD to the best quality inputs, only way I can see of doing this (without plugging & unplugging all the time) is to plug them all into the back of my 2011.

First question - am I going to lose picture quality running the video through the amp and then back to the tv rather than just straight into the tv? Really noticable picture quality?

Now onto the next question - I'm going to run the component out on the amp into the tv, and the DVD and one of the consoles will plug into the two component in points on the amp, thereby relegating the other two consoles to SVHS. The question is - Should I connect an SVHS cable between the amp and the tv? It says in the manual you should do this, but it kind of implies the only reason to do this is so you can view the amp's on screen displays. I've only used these setup screens a couple of times so I'm happy plugging a fairly cheap composite cable to enable this.

These are probably really stupid questions and I think I already know the answers, but I thought I'd consult the gurus anyway.

Thanks

PS can anyone recommend a good quality SVHS cable? I've got a budget of about £250 - £300 for all cables.

3. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I've experimented with plugging my xbox into the amp via the fairly cheap composite cable I'm using at the moment and it does switch to that input when you press the relevent button on the remote, which is pretty cool. But that's all the testing I can do at the moment without purchasing more cables.

So lets blow loads of cash on cables! I'm sure it'll work! Yipee!