1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Vsx2011 Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tobez, Oct 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got a Pioneer VSX 2011 with Air Studios auto setup, Ive been trying to get the sound correct with the sync of the mouths on DVDs etc. If i play it in the main room on a standard Kiss DVD player on a normal TV its fine, But if i play it in the cinema room on the amp etc, its out, Ive used auto setup but still same, I then decreased the distance to the speakers to minmun on them all and its still out ? I have my xbox on the amp also and its the same on that also.

Is there any settings anywhere else i need to change or twiddle for the sound to sync, it seems as though theres a small delay soemwhere But i change the distance but still same :/

Thanks

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,996
    Tobez...what type of display are you having a problem on? Plasma/projector? or a standard TV? Your post wasn't quite clear!

If it happens on every dvd and we're talking plasma/projector then I'm afraid that's a fact of life....you'll need to change the amp or get an external audio delay unit. The newer version of the 2011 (the AX5i or Ai) both have an audio delay function.

3. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, Its a plasma

Can you reccomend any delay units?

I thought it was the Plasma to be honest

Thanks for reply

4. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Felston DD540 Digital Audio Delay

is that a good 1 or is there cheaper options ?

What will i be doing then delaying the optical feeds ?

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,996
    Yes exactly, however if audio delay is a problem, then you might be better off selling the 2011 and buying an AX5i for audio delay....shouldn't cost you much more than bolting the Felston on to your setup tbh.

I have a 2011 running with a plasma, not noticed any lipsynch issues for a while, but I know once I start noticing it I'll keep on noticing it and I'll be forced to buy something new....

6. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered the felston should be here tomorrow, I,ll keep youm posted how i get on.

Just cant do with having to reset all the wires up again hehe Easy option first :)

7. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just like to thank Smurf on the good advice.
    I got a Felson digital delay unit hookd it in set it up and walla. Perfect INSYNC sound.

Anybody else get this issue go get yourself 1 of these

http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=4637

I re-ran my AUTO setup for the speakers and it sounds awsome now.

Thanks again Smurfin