Pioneer VSX1016S or Sony STR-DA1200ES

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Hi Folks....

I am just about to purchase a new plasma - Pioneer 427XD & I am looking to complete this with a good AV amp & DVD Player...

I am looking for your expert option:- Pioneer or Sony... The first choice would be Pioneer to match the set + I have read the articles & it looks good.. However does anyone have an opinion???

My budget is around £500....

Lastly looking at speakers - Kef 2005.2...

Again please feed back.. If anyone has a different solution please let me know.

homey

Standard Member
I recently got the Sony STR-DA 1200ES and have the KEF 2005.2's and the sound is awesome. I am far from fully familiar with the amp, just did the auto calibration and fired it up.

Also have a Pioneer 436xde and a Sony RDR-HXD910. When watching from the hard disk the image freezes at the end of the recording until the stop button is pressed. I have fallen asleep several times whilst watching something and a static image has been displayed for up to 4 hours and have yet to experience any screen burn or image retention as some on these forums have. So personaly I would go for the Pioneer 427xd and the Sony STR-DA1200ES. I am a fan of Pioneer stuff but can only comment on my own experience. Hope this is of some use.

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Thx............

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom