Pioneer VSX1016S or Sony STR-DA1200ES

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Hi Folks....

I am just about to purchase a new plasma - Pioneer 427XD & I am looking to complete this with a good AV amp & DVD Player...

I am looking for your expert option:- Pioneer or Sony... The first choice would be Pioneer to match the set + I have read the articles & it looks good.. However does anyone have an opinion???

My budget is around £500....

Lastly looking at speakers - Kef 2005.2...

Again please feed back.. If anyone has a different solution please let me know.

homey

Standard Member
I recently got the Sony STR-DA 1200ES and have the KEF 2005.2's and the sound is awesome. I am far from fully familiar with the amp, just did the auto calibration and fired it up.

Also have a Pioneer 436xde and a Sony RDR-HXD910. When watching from the hard disk the image freezes at the end of the recording until the stop button is pressed. I have fallen asleep several times whilst watching something and a static image has been displayed for up to 4 hours and have yet to experience any screen burn or image retention as some on these forums have. So personaly I would go for the Pioneer 427xd and the Sony STR-DA1200ES. I am a fan of Pioneer stuff but can only comment on my own experience. Hope this is of some use.

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Thx............

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom