Pioneer VSX-S520D

kimberlin

Hi to all! I would be very grateful for advice on the following.

My current home theatre set up is now an ageing Panasonic SA-XR700. It has been an excellent AV receiver for what I have been using it for over the last 8 years, mostly for putting sound through from satellite and terrestrial TV and watching movies. However, things have moved on and I would like to replace it with an up to date receiver with wireless, bluetooth etc, hence the title of the thread as I've seen the Pioneer unit and it looks like it will fit my requirements:

VSX-S520D | Pioneer

Just over a week ago, I bought a Hisense H55M7000 and so I would like to make use of a AV receiver such as the Pioneer that will utilise all of the capabilities of the TV. The Panasonic SA-XR700 just isn't going to be able to do what I want anymore.

My current speaker setup, are Bowers and Wilkins M1 first series speakers:

B&W Mini Theatre M-1 Specs

and a KEF PSW1000.2 subwoofer: KEF PSW1000.2 Specs

The Panny has handled these without issues. I am no expert whatsoever and so my question is, will the Pioneer VSX-S520D be powerful enough to drive the speakers without stuffing either the AV receiver or the speakers?

If the Pioneer is completely unsuitable, I would be extremely grateful if someone could recommend a slimline AV receiver with similar specs to the Pioneer for under £500. I am slightly flexible on price, but I'd prefer to stay at the top end of my budget or below.

I look forward to receiving your responses/recommendations!

kimberlin

Oh well, somewhat surprised that my request for help didn't generate a single hit.

It doesn't matter. I've now purchased a Marantz NR1506 and it's all set up with my new Hisense H55M7000 and for me, it's excellent. I took advice from AV experts prior to purchase and the advice given was unbiased and extremely helpful. The firmware updated during set up too. I'm looking forward to learning how to get the best from it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom