Pioneer VSX-S150 network issue

MacUsers

Dear all,

I have a Pioneer VSX-S150, which wasn't in use for very long time, up until few weeks ago. It works just fine with everything else but the network connection. I cannot switch on the DHCP on the receiver to acquire an IP from my router. When I change the DHCP to ON (from OFF), it accepts the change and also get confirmation on the screen saying it's successfully changed but when I go back settings again, I see it's back to OFF again. Any one ever seen this before? I have another two Pioneer receivers and they works very similar way, without any issue.

I just don't wanna throw it away just b'cuz of this issue but I do need it to join my home network for it's intended purpose. Anyone can think of anything at all?

I made a quick Video for the people to show what's happening

-San

Last edited:

dobrykamil

Reset amp to factory settings and try again.

dobrykamil

Well, try to set static ip, gateway and dns. If that won’t work, then amp has a fault, most likely software glitch.

MacUsers

It seems VSX-S510 completely vanished from the face of the earth; I hardly find any information about that receiver at all. I have s9499.4004.1014 firmware installed and I think problem started from there. Any one got link to any earlier firmware, like s9294.4004.1014?

It seems Pioneer UK Home Audio support doesn't exist anymore?

gibbsy

Didn't know that. thanks @gibbsy

Do you happen to know the link to the firmware for this model? Looks like it completely removed from the Pioneer side. I see some older models here: Firmware Update | Support | Pioneer Home Audio Visual but not S501.

-San
Afraid I don't. Pioneer's support and firmware updates is absolutely hopeless. The LX500/800 4K players were promised a firmware upgrade to allow HDR10+ play in spring 2019, owners are still waiting. There has been one minor firmware update in my 28 months of ownership.

MacUsers

Yeah, I see that and it seems worse since taken over by Onkyo. But some reason, S510 is completely removed from the Pioneer world. The last one I bought is SC-LX701 and it was last updated (minor) in the beginning of the yr.

-S

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom