Pioneer VSX-LX70

I'm waiting for this one myself. I bet that it will probably be about Oct'.....
Hope it isnt too much later... Or else I may end up spending my money on something else :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for this one myself. I bet that it will probably be about Oct'.....
Hope it isnt too much later... Or else I may end up spending my money on something else :rolleyes:

Just today received an email from AVland as follows:

Hi,

We’ve just received word from Pioneer on pricing and release for the VSX-LX60 and VSX-LX70 Home Cinema Receivers.

The VSX-LX60 will be £899.95 and they are due for release in October.
The VSX-LX70 will be £1099.95 and they are also due for release in October.

They are now available for pre-order on our website.
If you would like to order one of these units from us please do so either by following the links below or by calling us on 01933 442222.

http://avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxlx60/vsxlx60.htm
http://avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxlx70/vsxlx70.htm

These home cinema receivers will be in short supply upon release and so we are strongly advising customers to place pre-orders as soon as possible to avoid disappointment

. . . . . These home cinema receivers will be in short supply upon release and so we are strongly advising customers to place pre-orders as soon as possible to avoid disappointment

Sales talk I tell you ...sales talk !!! The Onkyo 875 has a much better Video Scaler for less money.

hi there

I would check the onkyo tx-nr905 out first it has HQV the best video upscaling available.

from cinema-man.

Sales talk I tell you ...sales talk !!! The Onkyo 875 has a much better Video Scaler for less money.

Yes, absolutely! I have 2k budget and looking to upgrade my current old Pioneer AX5i. I need HDMI at the receiver and my short list consisted of :

Denon AVR-4308 - my current favourite
Pioneer VSX-LX70 - seems like a direct upgrade to the ax5i
Yamaha RX-V3800 - not sure
and now you guys mention the Onkyo range that I have never auditioned. I'll consider these too, but will need to find a reputeable dealer who I can go and actually try these out at.

I have a Pioneer 506XDE panel and PS3 for BluRay HD.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

CHeers all.

I've actually just searched and read a lot about the Onkyo kit, specifically the 905. Wow, this does look like a hell of a lot for the money. Thats gone straight onto the short list.

Anyone know anything about the Yamaha v3800?? How does it compare to my short list?

Yes, absolutely! I have 2k budget and looking to upgrade my current old Pioneer AX5i. I need HDMI at the receiver and my short list consisted of :

Denon AVR-4308 - my current favourite
Pioneer VSX-LX70 - seems like a direct upgrade to the ax5i
Yamaha RX-V3800 - not sure
and now you guys mention the Onkyo range that I have never auditioned. I'll consider these too, but will need to find a reputeable dealer who I can go and actually try these out at.

I have a Pioneer 506XDE panel and PS3 for BluRay HD.

CHeers all.

Mate ! For the money the ONKYO's seem to have the best spec/technology inside the box ( especially the video scaler REON ). I also own a Pioneer AX10i ( reference amp in it's days and still an excellent performer although no HDMI ) but if I'm going to spend money now on a HD amp, it would be the ONKYO 905 for sure ! It has ALOT of technology for the money compared to other similar priced amps.

Good luck in your quest !:thumbsup:

a couple of pics.. If you download the new elite VSX-94 TXH manual it looks to be just about the same reciver except for the odd USA extra

Attachments

• Front vsx-LX70.jpg
    Front vsx-LX70.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,383
  • Back vsx-lx70.jpg
    Back vsx-lx70.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 13,127
How will the scalar compare with whats in the Pioneer 508?

Granted its a guess as the Amp is not out, but guesstimate?
:)

Cheers

hi there

I would check the onkyo tx-nr905 out first it has HQV the best video upscaling available.

from cinema-man.

i've heard excellent things about the onkyo tx-nr905 but it's so ugly :D

DVD

Where talking £1000 not £1400 receivers here and anyway who wants a popping,stretching portable heater!!:devil:

Does anyone know if this amp will handle DSD (raw SACD bitstream)?
This looks like a very nice amp :)

hi there

from cinema-man.

They are good for getting the latest chips on them but they scrimp on build quality and other components.

I'm very interested in this amp, because if it sounds as it good as it looks, then it will be a winner! Mind you, the Onkyo's look crap, but sound pretty good. I had a 905 on home demo last weekend and was very impressed.

The LX-70 and Yamaha 3800 are on my shortlist prior to making a decision and splashing the cash. The LX-70 will compete with the popular Onkyo 875.

I'm not too bothered about the upscaling capability of the amp, as I will have either an arcam 139 or marantz 7001 as the source. I simply want a good sounding av amp.

I think the LX60 seems the best for me, is the only difference between the 60 and the 70 the built in scaler?

Dave.

I think the LX60 seems the best for me, is the only difference between the 60 and the 70 the built in scaler?

Dave.

HDMI inputs

LX60 3
LX70 4

They both have the same scaler i thought - from what i can see the 3xHDMI and different power handling are the only differences...?

S>

Like the look of this amp a lot! It would go nicely with my LX508 :thumbsup: Only thing that worries me is how my m&k xenons will perform with it. Has anyone used the xenons with a pioneer amp before?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom