• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer VSX-LX50 startup issue... help!

Benzini

Standard Member
Hi all,
I have already posted this in the LX50 users thread but thought I would post here as well to gain more advice.

Writing to ask advice for a problem I'm having with my lx50.
Just purchased it the other day and upon turning it on (after everything was wired up) the unit powers on, the input shows on the screen, in this case HDMI1, the speakers and other settings then show on the display and then the unit does a quick reset and continues cycling through this: Startup, reset, Startup, reset etc... no error message is displayed.

Occasionally, usually after unplugging and then replugging in the HDMI cable the unit will start and then the red hdmi light will come on and everything will be working fine. It'll work fine, then I'll turn it off go to sleep. When I wake in the morning and turn the unit on, the problem starts all over again.

So far I have replaced the hdmi cables, tripple checked all the speaker wiring, unplugged things one by one, unplugged everything... all to no avail. Even when everything is unplugged (apart from power) the unit does the same thing..

Has anyone heard of this / can offer some advice.
I'm at my wits end! :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom