Pioneer VSX LX50 - Do I have a fault?

xfilian

I have had a Pioneer VSX LX50 for some time now and have not had any issues with it. The audio reproduction from a DVD source is spot on. Recently I invested in a Pioneer BDP 320 Blu Ray player and I seem to be having issues with audio. I have one DTS HD MA BD disc (Terminator 2) which will not play and sound apart from an awful crackling noise. However, when I change the audio output on the BD player to from Auto to PCM it outputs the sound fine.

Yesterday I played a Star Trek BD which uses Dolby True HD. Whilst watching it I thought the audio was very quiet and I had to crank the Reciever up to get it to sound decent. When the film had finished I switched the sound oupput on the BD player again, from Auto to PCM. I put the Star Trek disc back on and in PCM mode the sound was compltely different. Much louder, more detailed and just a far superior overall experience. :confused:

The thing is some DTS HD MA disc play fine, although I have to say that all of the Dolby True HD discs I have watched seem to be very quiet and below par. Should I get my receiver checked out? I have read a few threads on here where people have had audio issues with the VSX LX50 and apparently the model was replaced rather quickly due to a number of issues.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom