1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-D812 + Wharfedale

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by toadeny, Mar 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. toadeny

toadeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Im wondering if i can get some solid advice on my home theatre setup.

I have a Pioneer VSX-D812 with 8-16ohms speaker output. Its a great little amp for what i want to do at the moment. Watch some movies and play some music.

My basic setup entails of two 150W Studio Monitors as the fronts, and some old cheapie 50W's at the rear. I was using the tv as the center preout until now, but it sucked. I have a Wharfedale PowerCube 12A up front too.
    Im in the process of upgrading the rest of my gear and need a bit of advice.

I recently just purchased a Wharfedale Crystal CR-CENTRE rated at 100W at 6 ohm on the advice from the dealer that it would work with my amp.

Is there going to be any issue with me powering a 6ohm speaker on a 8-16ohm amp?

Any tips and suggestions would be great, i'm fairly novice at high end audio, but any help is appreciated.

2. stulou

stulou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    You should have no problems whatsoever.

I have a Pioneer VSX D-912, and I am using Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers which are 6 ohms.

I emailed Wharfedale and they told me that their speakers were fully compatible with 8 ohm amps/receivers.

Rig it up & enjoy !!!