Pioneer VSX-D812 Overload

Mark123

Established Member
Reaction score
At the weekend I had my amp pretty loud, but not THAT loud (-20db on the display).

The sound cut out and the display said 'Overload' and then switched into standby mode. What would have caused this and could it have done any damage?

Thanks

-20db is not really too loud for a current amp of this type. Questions though before we can answer your question.
What Speakers are you driving ?
Also have you checked all the speaker cables from each speaker to the amp. A short circuit of speaker wires touching can cause this. I hope it didn't cause any damage.

Hi Contar,

My speakers are: B&W 603s3 main, B&W LCR600s3 centre, Kef 'Eggs' surround and REL Quake subwoofwer.

When I swicthed the amp back on everything seemed to be fine.

Don't know if it is a problem with the cables because everything was fine up to when it happened and it has also been fine since. I will have a look around the back of the amp tonight.

Cables seem fine :confused:

can't remember wich page, but in the manual for the AX3(i would imagine the 912 is pretty much the same manual) there is a section called technical titbits, and this also has a troubleshooting setion. in there it tells you what to and what could have caused the overload, or overheat message to flash up.

Still have no idea what caused this, but I have had no further occurences or problems since.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom