1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-D811S

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by M.Joshi, Oct 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. M.Joshi

M.Joshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I posted a thread below (Marantz SR-5300), but most people seem to be posting replies totally unrelated to the subject.

Does anyone know how the Pioneer VSX-D811S compares with Marantz and other brands?

Does it have an on screen menu?

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's anoying when that happens isn't it? Anyway to try and answer your question - I have heard the 810 (the predecessor to the 811) and can say it sounds pretty good compared to the Marantz. (I have owned a 5200 and a 7200). The Marantz is better for music, which, IMO, is their strong selling point. The Pioneer is very good for movies so it depends what you are going to use it for most.

As for on screen graphics - the 810 didn't have them and I believe the 811 dosen't either. But very easy to set up without them.

3. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    M.Joshi
    Ive just bought this particulat piece of kit no onscreen display see recent post in the thread below for my opinions on this reciever
    AV Forums > AV Hardware > Amplifiers and Receivers > Pioneer:VSX-D811 A/V Receiver - Silver
    cheers