1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER VSX D811 vs. DENON 1803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by simon_bai, Apr 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. simon_bai

simon_bai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking to buy a new amp to match my new B&W VS1/AS1 5.1 package, two choices are around my head now, which is the above two, can anyone tell me which one I shall actually go for? I mainly watch dvds, and I also want to unleash the full power of my speaker package! Also, is it worth to strech my budget to get Pioneer 1011? Is it really worth the £300 extra?
    Another question is if I buy QED's 4mm airloc banana plugs, can I simply use them to terminate the cables and plug into the amps? I have heard someone has troubles with his airlocs to be used with Pioneer 2011. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    No contest IMHO head to head the 811 is better for movies than the Denon (& the marantz 4300 and the yamaha 630). It will be more than powerful enough to drive your speakers.

Is the 1011 worth the extra - The 1011 is meant to be better than the 811 for music, is more powerful and has some extra toys I didn't think the extra was justified (but perhaps I just mean) but it's down to your own ears for that one I'm afraid.

I should add that when I bought the amp I was looking for it purely based on movie performance & it's ability to hook up to an integrated amp for musical duties since I don't think av amps in this price range are any good for 2 CH music (The 1803 has no pre-outs so can't be used in my configuration).

All the X11 pioneers take banana plugs - you just pop the black plugs out of the binding post with a small screwdriver or similar.

3. simon_bai

simon_bai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any more comments please, am I worthwhile to go for the £700ish Pioneer 2011???

4. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best receiver on the streets! (for the price) - equal to Rotel 1055 in IMO but rotel only has 5 channels...

MCACC rules!